Monday, November 24, 2008

Cross hurts in places I did'nt know could hurt


J-Pow's got nothin' on me!....
Some folks... perhaps 2 or 3, or maybe just one, have been razing me about my lack of blogging. Have you gotten your toilet water to flow in the right direction yet? Here ya go shags...
With some help with KCCX, Bill Marshall in particular. He established a quick program for the this Fall with Scott bikes and Verge clothing, with some help from Sram I built up a pretty sweet cross bike. The program is to develop into a more structured program for '09 running with the cross wave/somehow the hype of cross is not affected by the state of the economy.
I went into it, a bit naive, as to the beating the entire body gets. It brought back quick memories of my Mtb racing. I raced my way into shape, and certainly had my ups and downs. I had a few high lites along the way, almost winning 'Sram's most aggressive rider', http://www.theroaddiaries.com/?p=237 moving up from the 5th row into the top 10 in brief, then fading to 14th. Staying local has been fantastic, The Boulder Cups and other Colorado local cross races have offered huge fields and sweet courses. I'll probably re-think doing a cross race at over 9,000ft. (Frisco Cross) I've still got that smokers lung sting from that one.

Anyways, a few more to come. Colorado Champs and of course the big one in Kansas City. Course is looking fantastic and the weather is up to par for the desired true blooded crossers.

Enjoy some pics from Boulder friends/ KV , Rob O'dea
and my buddy old pal Mark Hickey... Thanks for the shots guys.












1 comment:

Chris Winn said...

Toilet water is as it should be! Back on the blog trail..good work shags..