Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Melting Snow, Open Mountain Roads







Colorado's road snow removal is the Sun. This is news to me. Denver/Boulder area only has enough snowplows to take care of major highways and busy roads. And the other hundreds of side streets with 2 feet of snow are just waiting for the Sun. So am I. Maybe I should start a snow plowing service.
Anyways, the Sun has come out and warmed things up a bit enabling me to get off the indoor trainer and head up into the mountains. I headed up from Golden on a 12 mile climb to Golden Gate State Park, reaching close to 10,000ft. Felt good exploring new roads and breathing in that thin clean air. The way down was colder than I thought it would be, but luckily I had brought some serious Ski gloves that Sarah's uncle lent me. They were huge! They probably looked like a pair of boxing gloves on me. Making my "pro look" rather silly.
Temps are on the ups this week, look forward to some long days on the bike and getting into a groove.(Outdoors)





1 comment: